Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ringing Out the Old

Well, I must say it's exciting to start a new year.

If for no other reason, it's exciting just to know I'm still on the right side of the dirt ...

And I hope to stay on the right side of the dirt for many years to come !

2010 was a busy year for us, but we did manage to juggle our schedules to make a family trip to Houston to spend a few days of Christmas with my parents.

My Better Half and I - along with both our daughters and all six of our grandkids - made the trip a few days before Christmas.  It was the first time in three years we managed to make it happen and it was well worth the effort !

We loaded up in two cars:  My Better Half, myself, Randy (7), Conner (5), and Tanner (4) were in one car.  Allyson, Jennifer, Kaleigh (7), Carson (1 1/2), and Kyndal (1) in the other.

Since Allyson and Jennifer had the two babies, here's what they looked like after the 5 hour drive to Houston:


In all fairness - and because I know they're going to be pissed at me for publishing that picture - here's what they normally look like:


Anyhoo, we all enjoyed the few days we got to spend in Houston with my mom and dad, my older brother Roger, my sister-in-law Peggy, and my niece Emily.

Oh yeah, and Mom and Dad's dog, Buddy...



Who I'm sure was VERY excited when we all left to return to south Louisiana !

Despite the fact that we inundated my parents with 13 of us, I think they enjoyed us all being together for Christmas.

It's not often we get representatives of four generations together under one roof, and we definitely made the best of it !

I can only imagine how quiet their home sounded after we left.  My guess is the silence was deafening !


Kyndal got a new baby for Christmas, but I'm not sure she completely understands the "mothering" concept!


Randy and Santa enjoying a quiet moment together...


Roger, Peggy and Emily


Mom and Tanner sharing a (rare) quiet moment!


Dad and Kaleigh


Carson (out of focus - probably because he wouldn't quit moving!!)



Conner reading the sports page !

But with Christmas and 2010 behind us, the 2011 grind has already begun and we're all back in our regular routines of school, work, retirement, etc.

From our family to yours, best wishes for a safe, happy, healthy and prosperous New Year !!



Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Kev, So nice to see you up and blogging again. Your daughters are both absolutely beautiful just like their Mom. I can only imagine the fun all of you had with your Mom and Dad. The grandkids are adorable!
    Much Love, Lu

    P.S. The Weege was glad that Buddy made the write-up too!

    ReplyDelete