Thursday, February 10, 2011

Winter!

So much for "global warming", Al Gore...!

Winter is here - and I don't like it.

Don't like anything about it.

Nothing, I tell you - absolutely NOTHING!

It is currently 29 degrees here in South Louisiana.

Yes, I realize it's MUCH colder in the midwest and other parts of the country.

Like Chicago, where my niece, Emily, is attending graduate school and sent me this picture she took from her apartment.












But I don't care.

I don't live in the midwest or other parts of the country.

The temperature is expected to get down to the low 20s in Baton Rouge the next two nights.

And our highs will only reach into the mid-40s.

Which, for us die-hard Southerners, is cold.

Real cold !

The good news is that, by Monday, our high is expected to be 70 again.

Much better !

But I'm still anxiously awaiting the really warm weather...

No, make that HOT weather!

I'm ready for summer!

The hot, sticky, nasty, humid "dog days" of summer.

My kind of weather.

Golf weather !

Look for me at Greystone Golf and Country Club.

That's where I'll be once things finally thaw out around here.

And it can't get here soon enough for me!

Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kev, how about we just wish for warm! Not hot. Not humid. Just pleasant? If I could get that I'd even offer to carry your clubs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Kevin!!!! Show me the heat, humidity, all of it and I promise I will keep my mouth shut all summer, and just enjoy the sweat!!!! :) Sara

    ReplyDelete