Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spring Has Sprung !

Not sure that it's quite official yet, but it appears spring has finally sprung in south Louisiana !

Yes, I fully realize that spring doesn't "officially" begin until April.

But, in my mind, two things dispute that.

(1)  Our weather lately has been glorious!  Just a few short weeks ago, we were experiencing lows in the 20s and highs in the 40s in the Baton Rouge area.

I hate winter...

But shotly after Punxatawney Phil (the famous groundhog) came out of his hole on a cloudy day in Gobbler's Knob, Pennsylvania, it appears his forecast for an early spring has sprung to life !

The past week or so has brought temps into the mid to upper 70s during the days - and a few days already in which the mercury has topped the 80 degree mark.

I love it - I simply LOVE it!  And I'll love it even more when the temperatures begin approaching and topping 90 degrees. 

Really !

(2) Baseball season has begun!

At least the collegiate baseball season has begun, and LSU is already 4 games into its 2011 season!

(And for the record, as of this writing, LSU is 4-0 and looking strong)!

Opening weekend for LSU Baseball saw beautiful weather, and more than 30,000 fans paid to witness the Tigers' weekend series with Wake Forest at LSU's Alex Box Stadium !

Among those in attendance on Sunday were my daughter Allyson, son-in-law Jimmy, and two of their three sons Randy and Tanner.

Their number 3 son, Carson, was at our home keeping me and My Better Half company for the day!





Judging from the pictures transmitted from the game by Allyson - Randy and Tanner enjoyed the sunshine, the baseball, and the concession stand!





The boys even got to run the bases following the game, a Sunday tradition at LSU baseball games. 

And even though Tanner got slightly "misplaced" on the field for a short time, they each got to experience a perspective of the game that not many get a chance to enjoy!

And I'm sure that, at least in Randy's 7 year-old mind, the experience brought about visions of one day playing on that very same field as an LSU Tiger!!



Randy rounding second base; Tanner on his way from 1st to 2nd

And I can assure you, I want to be there to see that !!

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment